The Intellectual Property Office of Ireland (IPOI) website has been designed and built with regard to the guidelines set out in the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. The IPOI is committed to achieving a minimum of AA standard under WCAG 2.1 guidelinesfor all new content in the static web pages and as far as possible in the dynamic / interactive web pages.
Some current accessibility features of this website include:
- The design of this website responds to the width of a users' screen, so that you can easily find and read what you’re looking for.
- The text size on the website is relative. Users can increase the text seize of textual content either by using the increase text size functions within each individual page or using the browser zoom function
- The colours used on the website are based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
Some Non-accessible content
- Images:Not all images on gov.ie have photo (or meta-) descriptions. If images do not have the correct descriptions then a user using assistive technologies will not learn the information conveyed in the image ( WCAG guidelines 1.1.1)
- PDFs:Many documents are published as PDFs – which are less accessible than HTML pages for people using assistive technologies. Some of the issues with PDFs include:
This content is not an exhaustive list of non-accessible content.
PDF documents that were published before 23 September 2018 are exempt from these guidelines except where it is related to a service that a member of the public has to use.
Videos or audio published before 23 September 2020 are exempt from these guidelines
Should you experience any difficulty in accessing any sections of the IPOI website, please contact us.