About the Office Journal
The Office publishes the Journal of the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland fortnightly. It is published in two parts.
Part 1 concerns patents and designs and includes information under a number of headings including:
- Patent applications filed
- Applications published
- Patents granted
- European Patents granted designating the State
- Applications lapsed
- Applications withdrawn, deemed withdrawn or refused.
- Patents expired
- Proceedings under the Patents Act, 1992
- Matters concerning Supplementary Protection Certificates.
- Designs Registered
- Designs Renewed
Part II of the Journal contains information relating to trade marks including:
- Trade Mark applications filed
- Oppositions under Section 43
- Application(s) Amended
- Application(s) Withdrawn
- Trade Marks Registered
- Trade Marks Renewed
- Application(s) for Leave to Alter Registered Trade Mark(s)
- Leave to Alter Registered Trade Mark(s) Granted
- Trade Marks Restored
- International Registrations under the Madrid Protocol
- International Trade Marks Protected
- Cancellations effected under the Madrid Protocol
The Office provides an interactive, on-line version of the Journal, including search facilities. Journals may be viewed online via the website or consulted on request at our office in Kilkenny.